Life On Two Wheels

Along the river and toward the mountains a morning shadow shimmers across the road. The rays of the first light jet through the trees and across a figure gliding upon the road. His breath trails in short spurts, petrified as it hits the icy air. All is quiet except the slight sound of the athlete as he summons himself for yet another days work. Soon the rest of the world will bustle with life as well and the brief simplicity of cyclist and nature will disappear into the everyday struggle of life in full motion; the errands and intervals, the appointments and intersections, and the deadlines and finish lines OutPaceTheRace

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Not quite right

Girona, ESP
Thursday, June 28, 2007
España 8:59pm / Pacific NW USA 11:59am

Today I figured it was best to beat the heat with a little time on the trainer. So at 9:30 sharp, I hit the trainer for a short 30 minutes interval. At which point I jumped off and spun around for another 30 minutes near Sant Gregory. Through which, alas, I believe I finally got my cleats into a position quite usable by me. I was a bit worried at the outset of things, for my hip was beginning to take a terrible turn to the left... but after conferring with several sources I decided that at once the problem must be dealt with and the position fixed. The solution was most bizarre, but indeed if history had been consulted a quick fix´d have been in store. Every time that I reposition my cleats I want to make them as symetrical as possible, yet for some reason or another, my feet do not cooperate when the cleats are positioned as such. So today I arrived at such a position that the state of each cleat was in no way similiar to the other. In fact, a quick glance would promote the thought that two shoes of the same size lay afront of you, yet the mysterious and altogether baffling asymetrical state of the cleats would prompt further examination... and perhaps betray thy eye as the beholder concludes that two shoes of different persons lie afoot.