Life On Two Wheels

Along the river and toward the mountains a morning shadow shimmers across the road. The rays of the first light jet through the trees and across a figure gliding upon the road. His breath trails in short spurts, petrified as it hits the icy air. All is quiet except the slight sound of the athlete as he summons himself for yet another days work. Soon the rest of the world will bustle with life as well and the brief simplicity of cyclist and nature will disappear into the everyday struggle of life in full motion; the errands and intervals, the appointments and intersections, and the deadlines and finish lines OutPaceTheRace

Monday, March 12, 2007

Push-ups and pull-ups in seclusion

North Bend, WA
Monday, March 12, 2007

I suppose the suspense that awaits this post is immense; unfortunately I don’t have much to offer it. Nothing worthy of my writing has occurred of late, indeed, even the intrigue of my thought has eluded me. It’s been the simple routine of training and eating combined with a bit of sleep. I find this to be the formula for success. I suppose I could live atop a mountain armed only with a trainer and bike and still kick it with the best of ‘em while maintaining a level headed approach to life. I guess that depends on your definition of “level headed” though. The strange part about the immediate situation is that I find myself a week at the routine when at once it feels as though a day has past… Most unusual, it is perhaps an amplification of the mental utopia. When you know you have a week of 4-5 hour rides, every moment of every day is consumed by thought of those rides, which effectively turns those days into 4-5 hour days. I’ve never realized how that worked until now though.
Aside from the well-being of I and the most routine spin of the Earth at once, I did recently discover that Redlands is actually less than 2 weeks from now. I suppose that would be due in part to the speed at which the past week has moved.