Life On Two Wheels

Along the river and toward the mountains a morning shadow shimmers across the road. The rays of the first light jet through the trees and across a figure gliding upon the road. His breath trails in short spurts, petrified as it hits the icy air. All is quiet except the slight sound of the athlete as he summons himself for yet another days work. Soon the rest of the world will bustle with life as well and the brief simplicity of cyclist and nature will disappear into the everyday struggle of life in full motion; the errands and intervals, the appointments and intersections, and the deadlines and finish lines OutPaceTheRace

Friday, August 18, 2006

A day of sleep and a day of travel

Gerona, ESP
Saturday, August 19, 2006

Yesterday was a nice recovery day. I didn’t do much, sat around, read, went to the store… and slept in until 3pm! For me jet lag consists of a lapse between 1:30am – 4:30am where sleep absolutely eludes you. So when you get back to sleep at 5am or so, well, you just keep sleeping. Since it was a recovery day anyway, I slept until 3… I had to make up for that travel day where I slept for 30 minutes or so. 3pm’s not a record though; I’ve had days of 48 hours of sleep… I guess you’d call that 2 days of sleep.
Anyway, I’m fairly well rested now. So today we (Timmy, Dani & I) drive a rented van 7 hours to meet up with the rest of the team for some race in France. I’m pretty excited for the first race here, it’s a one day & I haven’t done any of those yet so it’ll be interesting…