Life On Two Wheels

Along the river and toward the mountains a morning shadow shimmers across the road. The rays of the first light jet through the trees and across a figure gliding upon the road. His breath trails in short spurts, petrified as it hits the icy air. All is quiet except the slight sound of the athlete as he summons himself for yet another days work. Soon the rest of the world will bustle with life as well and the brief simplicity of cyclist and nature will disappear into the everyday struggle of life in full motion; the errands and intervals, the appointments and intersections, and the deadlines and finish lines OutPaceTheRace

Friday, June 02, 2006

The infectious rest

Girona, ESP
Friday, June 02, 2006

I took another “off day” today; I like to call it aggravated rest though. After crashing in the Tour de Gironde, I went to the doctor to see if there was an infection, he thought that there might be and I should do a couple days of antibiotics just to be safe. I declined, saying that I crash every two weeks, and one crash isn’t going to be any different than the next. So yesterday after riding I got sick with a fever etc., and the doc says it’s from an infection. Now I’m doing 8 days of amoxicillin. Good move eh?