Life On Two Wheels

Along the river and toward the mountains a morning shadow shimmers across the road. The rays of the first light jet through the trees and across a figure gliding upon the road. His breath trails in short spurts, petrified as it hits the icy air. All is quiet except the slight sound of the athlete as he summons himself for yet another days work. Soon the rest of the world will bustle with life as well and the brief simplicity of cyclist and nature will disappear into the everyday struggle of life in full motion; the errands and intervals, the appointments and intersections, and the deadlines and finish lines OutPaceTheRace

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The scam stops here

North Bend, WA
Tuesday, May 09, 2006

It was a rough one today. I did 4.5 hours with hill repeats in the morning, then an hour in the evening on the trainer with 4 efforts. Of course there was a problem though… While I was on the trainer my rear derailleur cable broke! Only in Washington do you feel the repercussions of winter during spring. The water must’ve been systematically breaking down my cable as I rode each day until today, on the trainer of all places, it breaks. And I had stainless steel cables too… never will I pay for that crap again, it’s just another little scam. Everything’s a scam. Anyway, I was twenty minutes into the ride, so I stopped and changed to my time trial bike and started over. I’m weird that way, if I feel like the ride is in danger of losing its full potential, I’ll add time or start over to actually end up getting more out of the ride. Take flat tires for instance, if I get a flat then I add 11 minutes to the ride. I’ve no idea where I came up with that number… So it was 6 hours total today… Argh!

Here’s the latest and greatest in stocks for you… Hansen Energy Drinks (HANS), up 16% today! Another one to watch is Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG)… By the way, I heard CSC isn’t doing so hot right now & there considering dropping sponsorship of their team. Maybe Basso’ll be do’n the disco next year…